Forum

Hello and Thanks  

RSS

jdorris
(@jdorris)
15/04/2019 11:22 pm  

I’ve been in and out of astronomy ever since junior high (way too many years to think about). I recently acquired a Celestron 8SE and rediscovered the joy of observational astronomy. I played around with astrophotography in the 80’s but never really had the equipment to be successful. Now, I decided to take the plunge into digital AP. I soon discovered the complexity and quickly got lost and discouraged. There was no real source of information for the beginner. It seemed like all the documentation and websites I found assumed you already knew what you were doing and didn’t give any useful information. Then I discovered LEAP. I’ve learned more in the first 100 pages than I could ever find online. Thank you for an excellent resource. However, I do have one bone to pick with you. This innocent, inexpensive book has so far cost me in the neighborhood of $3000. After reading through the beginning I ordered a CGEM II Mount and 127mm triplet APO refractor. If my wife finds out, I’m a dead man.

All kidding aside, this book has helped me tremendously. I look forward to putting this information to work on my new equipment.

Jim

Share:

Share this post! Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Comments are closed.