Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Getting there

Bluesman52
(@bluesman52)

I am getting closer. Got my new CGEM II mount. Still waiting on the AVX 8" Newtonian to come in. The 8" will go on the CGEM II and my 130 Meade Newtonian will be on the AVX. 8" for imaging and 130mm for viewing and web cam planetary. Slowly coming together.

Topic starter Posted : 07/02/2021 10:23 pm
Allan Hall
(@asadmin)
Member Admin

That's awesome, but I want some pictures!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2021 9:09 pm
Bluesman52
(@bluesman52)

Just when I thought I was on my way. I setup Friday afternoon used a white tee shirt too 30 60 sec flat frames @ 1600 iso. They seamed to come out to me. Later that night I set up and tried my best to get my light frames (60 sec @1600 iso) but stopped when I saw how they were coming out. I am hoping you can see what I did wrong. I think it is maybe focus or collimation is out. Let me know if you can help.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/02/2021 3:20 am
Bluesman52
(@bluesman52)

Flat frame.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/02/2021 3:20 am
Allan Hall
(@asadmin)
Member Admin

Your flat is a little bright. The idea with a flat is to find any areas where you do not get 100% brightness, and there are always some somewhere. Adjust your flat exposure until the entire thing is not one solid color of white. 

As for your lights, yep, that's a problem. How are you focusing? There are two ways most people use when starting out: a mask, or by using live view on a star.

The mask works the best, if you have one.

For a star, turn on your live view, get a bright star right in the center of your frame, zoom in a LOT, and focus until the star is as close to a pinpoint source of light as possible. That will get you pretty dang close to good focus.

Once we are sure that is good, and you still have issues, then we can look at collimation but I would guess your focus is just way off.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2021 9:58 pm
Share:

Share this post! Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Comments are closed.